The private residences are mostly located near the centre of the city or close to the university. These residences are run by real estate companies and factors such as rent, living conditions and the way each residence is run depend on the individual establishment and can vary from one to another.
These residences offer different types of apartment:
- Studio: the most common; one room with a kitchenette and a bathroom. These apartments are furnished (bed, desk etc.) and equipped with fridge, hot plates etc., however linen and tableware are not provided. Average area of 18-21 m².
- T1 :similar to the studio, with a separate bedroom. One double bed or two single beds possible. Ideal for a couple or two close friends. Average area of 25-30 m².
- Duplex : similar to the T1, with the bedroom on a mezzanine.
- T2 ou T3 : similar to the T1, but suitable for a flat-share, with two (for the T2) or three (for the T3) bedrooms. Average area of 25-40 m².
- Shared apartment: An apartment with two or three rooms, each with its own bathroom. Each tenant signs a separate lease and can receive housing assistance.
- Alasia [full]
- Arts Berthelot [full]
- Arts Lumière [full]
- Carré des Lumières [full]
- Clair Azur
- Dolce Vita
- Epsilon [full]
- Estudines Garibaldi [full]
- Estudines Saint Nicolas [full]
- Estudines Saxe Gambetta [full]
- Estudines le Clip [full]
- Estudis 7
- Floor 7 [full]
- Le Coryphée [full]
- Le Tempo [full]
- Michel Ange
- Studea Garibaldi - Berthelot [full]
- Studea Jean Macé [full]
- Studea Montchat
- Studios Lumière [full]
- Studéa Saxe Gambetta [full]